haltech E6X set up for 202

Engine management and electical discussion

haltech E6X set up for 202

Postby gassd6 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi guys, im converting my 202 to efi set up and have just brought a e6x ecu planing to run vk manifold but thats about it. my question is whats the best trigger set up to run for the haltech ? can i just lock up the dizzy and connect it to a ign module to power coil ? or has anyone done it any other way ?? or can i set it up to run 6 x coil packs ?? if so can the dizzy still be used as a trigger or ill need another sensor set up. any help would be great cheers :?:
gassd6
Learner
Learner

Your current ride...: Lc torana

Re: haltech E6X set up for 202

Postby Gem202 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:39 am

you can do whichever way you want.

i'm not sure what the haltechs limitations are though so might be worth finding out if it will even support 6 coils first.

as far as the dizzy goes you can lock it up and usually use it to feed a signal into the haltech, I personally used a camira ignition module when I converted mine to EFI but again you probably need to find out what the haltech wants for a signal and work from there.

there is also the option of mounting chopper wheels on the front of the motor but these are a bit more involved both in time and money, so work out what you can and can't do with the haltech first I reckon.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower!!
turbospin
Gem202
202 Guru

Your current ride...: TG Gemini fitted with turbo 202 Injected on methanol setup for drag racing.

Postby gassd6 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:11 pm

cheers gem202, i was thinking the use the dizzy for now i already have one thats locked up.
The e6x uses inductive magnetic(internal signal conditioning) - hall effect - optical sensor.
I was thinking the same with the camira set up as it seams fairly str8 fward. I dont think i can use a bosch ign module cause the dizzy is reluctor style and not hall effect but im not 100% sure. I think the wheel on the balancer is to much work :-( but would be great to have coil packs and no dizzy.
gassd6
Learner
Learner

Postby gassd6 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Gem202 wrote:you can do whichever way you want.

i'm not sure what the haltechs limitations are though so might be worth finding out if it will even support 6 coils first.

as far as the dizzy goes you can lock it up and usually use it to feed a signal into the haltech, I personally used a camira ignition module when I converted mine to EFI but again you probably need to find out what the haltech wants for a signal and work from there.

there is also the option of mounting chopper wheels on the front of the motor but these are a bit more involved both in time and money, so work out what you can and can't do with the haltech first I reckon.

One more thing i forgot to ask, is it posiable to change from the stock vk tb convert it to a vn v6 tb will this work ? ill be only using the tps i think
gassd6
Learner
Learner

Postby GREENVK » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Why would you? The Vk one is larger
Site Admin

Your current ride...: EFI turbo 202-powered VK Commodore

Postby gassd6 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:43 pm

GREENVK wrote:Why would you? The Vk one is larger

cheers greenvk i wasnt awear of that thanks. ill stick to the stock vk one then ;)
can you get a custom fuel rail made for the vk manifold ? anyone know where ?
gassd6
Learner
Learner

Postby GREENVK » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:59 pm

I'm sure you could, but everyone just uses the factory rail. It's large enough for pretty much anything you can throw at it. Just weld on some AN fittings on the ends and run larger lines if you need extra supply.
Site Admin

Postby gassd6 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:10 pm

GREENVK wrote:I'm sure you could, but everyone just uses the factory rail. It's large enough for pretty much anything you can throw at it. Just weld on some AN fittings on the ends and run larger lines if you need extra supply.

thanks that was my whole point to use AN fittings to run an adjustable reg cheers ill just cut the old reg off
gassd6
Learner
Learner

Postby GREENVK » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Site Admin

Postby gassd6 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:41 pm

Looks very nice mate i can now see the An fittings in place.
gassd6
Learner
Learner

Next

Return to Engine Management & Electrical